I LOVE brownies and I LOVE cheesecake…putting the two together is absolute heaven. These little gems are SO tasty and fairly easy to make. I have made them with both regular sugar and Swerve (erythritol) and they have turned out great both ways. They also work nicely in a mini-muffin cup for an even smaller bite-sized treat. I have not tried them in anything but the silicone liners though so I’m not sure how they’d do in a paper liner…I think they have enough fat in them that they would slip right out but I can’t say for sure. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener or your favorite sweetener (or powdered sugar 1:1 swap)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. orange flavor extract
- 8 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup or your favorite sweetener (or granulated sugar 1:1 swap)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° F and set 16 silicone muffin cups on a large baking sheet.
- For the cheesecake layer, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered erythritol (or sugar) until smooth. Beat in egg until well combined. Add orange zest and orange flavor extract and beat until smooth and well mixed. Set aside.
- For the brownie layer, in a medium sauce pan, melt butter and coconut oil over low heat, add cocoa powder and stir until smooth. Stir in erythritol (or sugar) and vanilla extract. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp. of brownie batter into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp. cheesecake mixture over top and use a toothpick to swirl layers together, bringing some of the brownie mixture to the surface.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until sides are set and the middle is just barely jiggling. Remove from oven and let cool 20 minutes, then refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
Gluten Free Tuesday, 5 Ingredient Monday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Gluten-Free Wednesday, Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love, Allergy-Free Wednesday, Whole Food Wednesday, Gluten-Free Fridays, Wednesday Extravaganza