This dessert has become a household favorite! It is so simple to make and is so delicious I’m sure it will be a favorite in your home as well! I LOVE cherries so it usually the fruit I choose to use but it is also delicious with blueberries, raspberries or peaches…I’ve included some of my favorite variations at the bottom of the post.
Cherry Almond Crumble
4 cups pitted sweet cherries
zest and juice from 1 orange
1 1/2 tsp. almond or vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. maple syrup (or any sweetener you like)
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut palm sugar (again, any sweetener you like)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
6 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil, melted
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place 8 ramekins or custard cups on the pan.
In a large bowl combine the cherries, maple syrup, vanilla, orange zest and juice. Spoon the cherry mixture evenly into each ramekin, about 1/2 cup each.
In a separate bowl stir together the almond flour, palm sugar, almonds, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour the melted butter or coconut oil over the dry mix and stir to moisten. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of the crumble topping over the cherries.
Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the topping is golden and the cherries are bubbling. Serve warm topped with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Blueberries with lemon juice and zest
- Sliced peaches, omit the juice and zest, toss peaches with 2 Tbsp. peach fruit spread (I like St.Dalfours)
- Raspberries, add an additional Tbsp. of sweetener if the raspberries are too tart
- Swap chopped pecans or walnuts for the sliced almonds
- Bake the entire dessert in an 8×8 glass baking dish rather than individual ramekins
- To make a lower carb dessert use Swerve or any granulated erythritol in place of the maple syrup and palm sugar
This post is shared at:
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, All Gluten-Free Desserts, Gluten-Free Wednesday, Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love, Wednesday Extravaganza, Allergy-Free Wednesday, Wheat-Free Wednesday, Whole Food Wednesday, Fight Back Friday, Gluten-Free Fridays